Aloha,

Below is the posting for Hawaii Marine Animal Response's spring internship
program! Thank you!

*Internships Available!*

Join our team on the beautiful island of Oahu in the state of Hawaii!
Internships are available year-round, are run on a semester schedule, with
20-hour to 40-hour a week options.

Hawaii Marine Animal Response (HMAR) is the largest Hawaii-based nonprofit
marine species conservation and animal response organization. Our mission is to
undertake substantial actions that result in the preservation, recovery, and
stewardship of Hawaii’s protected marine species and the ocean ecosystem we
share.

We work with Hawaiian monk seals, sea turtles, seabirds, and cetaceans. Interns
with HMAR have the opportunity to get involved in all of our exciting programs!
Our unique organization offers unparalleled opportunities to get involved in
the conservation of Hawaii’s protected marine species.

Some responsibilities for each program are outlined below.

Field Support and Outreach:

  *   Respond to animal sightings

  *   Assess the animal’s condition and identify the individual and potential
health concerns

  *   While observing the animal, provide outreach to the public in the area.

Marine Debris

  *   Participate in dives and snorkel trips aimed at removing debris from the
nearshore environment

  *   Perform maintenance on HMAR’s “Fishing Bins.”

  *   Provide outreach relating to marine debris and derelict fishing line

Education and Engagement

  *   Conduct presentations at schools and public events

  *   Create educational lesson plans, activities, and videos

  *   Conduct presentations with members of the business community

For full details of our programs, please see our website:
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fh-mar.org%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2gx9mMuL_C2zzO72T0A7cHR_pav6k8gEP0UArWuvDGQv7zCNPkvPw-CmM&h=AT2R6XB-4y0VrJaglGVdroyNzWLWc27tu8UVbCM3lv4vG5tXzoAPZjLSqckeKf7vuaVOLyWAoa3-U7-E14hgBf6gCEIV3o175WuV3p4zDaAsD7YY5_tfXpQHlSKygbO5aw&__tn__=-UK-R&c%5b0%5d=AT24EdqhIZfOAM4giuAiNxlAqWduGk9enKUFSAf8C6D-ZDK0ny55nW29-P6sXF1fLlezbjoVVbnOcad098fFdmixHeSv7Y17adzhK9JrsOthTLTlmwjJPQ3inPgqF-RUEkZUpJ7A4KbFFnQjBXP-xxU4QwZ1ZJay4NeZls54MmjUYaJxWSNJZMwIYl-cK99LWKTLOXWGzpo5rw>
 http://h-mar.org/.

Learn more and apply today at
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fh-mar.org%2Fget-involved%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0E6_168H44Epn1Mx26hYEMaOwA23YddWi3r9DEGxmvsZGlQAnhc5hF8Ts&h=AT1BZnnavfXrrZ42QP1oLxPtIEjqlzlD-5o3WHh015WDRP6jomcADIo1PqscKL9T9TUuuIqY9x_ybeULNzY52rwpucYi-rTJhpz7AtB0miGZaT9oGNdQy_MutqZBwM5XmQ&__tn__=-UK-R&c%5b0%5d=AT24EdqhIZfOAM4giuAiNxlAqWduGk9enKUFSAf8C6D-ZDK0ny55nW29-P6sXF1fLlezbjoVVbnOcad098fFdmixHeSv7Y17adzhK9JrsOthTLTlmwjJPQ3inPgqF-RUEkZUpJ7A4KbFFnQjBXP-xxU4QwZ1ZJay4NeZls54MmjUYaJxWSNJZMwIYl-cK99LWKTLOXWGzpo5rw>
 http://h-mar.org/jointheteam/

Emily Greene (She/Her)

Education and Engagement Program Manager

Hawaii Marine Animal Response

emily.gre...@h-mar.org<mailto:emily.gre...@h-mar.org>

Direct: 603-609-8345

Sighting Hotline: (888) 256-9840

[cid:1ffa1a41-7558-4cba-a2b5-1dd05776f445]