A friend of mine will be conducting a philosophy cafe on the following
topic.  He would appreciate it, if I can provide him with some readings
written from a Marxist perspective that would pertain to the topic.  Does
anybody have any suggestions?

 Jim F.
“Outcomes and Opportunities: What Justifies Inequality?:  Growing social
and economic inequality is a recent fact of life in America. We can
explain the increasingly skewed distribution of wealth and opportunity as
the result of impersonal forces such as globalization and technology, as
well as deliberate policies on taxes and compensation. But how do we
justify these inequalities? Are there moral or practical justifications
for a society of haves and have nots, and if not, what would count as a
fair distribution of resources?"