In a message dated 3/1/2010 8:20:44 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
cb31...@gmail.com writes:

CB: This doesn't seem to me to be "hating" on the CP.  You are  just
saying some that is a fact.   1949-1955 is a period of most  intense
McCarthyism and criminalization of the CP

CB I try not to be a hater. There is another aspect of the CPUSA equation
which I have spoken about in the past. That is the location of their cadre
in  heavy industry and the inability of any group to shift their forces to a
new  front of struggle.

Let me be clear. When the Negro peoples movement of that period broke out,
the bulk of the militants were located in heavy industry and specifically
the  trade union movement. This is no crime. No organization could demand its
members  quite their jobs and go to the new front of social struggle.
Especially, when  the members were under attack by the government.

Today is different. There is a core of retired workers who can shift to any
 front of struggle because they are not tied to an employer.

You are perhaps the youngest amongst us and you are not young. :-)

WL.