I'm trying to expand my horizons. One person who's work I'm looking into is
Pierre Bourdieu.

What are the key works from a marxist perspective? I'm also keen to find out
any marxist critiques on his work - although I have to say from the little I
have read it looks to be very much marxist but fully expanded to grasp both
moments of the subject-object dialectic.

Also, on Erich Fromm, I wonder if anyone has any critiques of his work (aside,
that is, from Marcuse). On that latter, what are the opinions on Fromm's own
critique of Marcuse - i.e. that he doesn't fully grasp psychoanalysis and that
his method is weak because it is not informed by empirical data.

Thanks for all responses.

Yours,

Domhnall