Comments for
UAW's King: Stronger union is being born
 Newest first Oldest first 1234>>14Last

osiris wrote:

Replying to LivinInTheBurbs:
>Well, I think we found the "entiltlement mentality". College educated? Why
>then you DESERVE the big bucks, fancy cars, and vacation villa for simply
>showing up and putting your feet on your desk. Did you, by chance, work your
>way thru college? Have Momsy and Daddy pay for it? Or use my tax dollars for a
>loan that you have no intention of repaying?

DESERVE has nothing to do with anything. A college education
guarantees nothing other than OPPORTUNITY that might not be available
otherwise. You assume big bigs, etc., by virtue of a degree alone,
that simply isn't true. Have you heard about the job market?

It's called "sarcasm"....and my point was just that, a college
education entitles you to nothing more than an opportunity.
Unfortunately, I have met far too many pampered idiots that believe
they are "owed" for having sat in a classroom engrossed in a fantasy
about the student 1 row over.

8/2/2010 12:26:44 PM Replying to LivinInTheBurbs:<blockquote>>Well, I
think we found the "entiltlement mentality".  College educated?  Why
then you DESERVE the big bucks, fancy cars, and vacation villa for
simply showing up and putting your feet on your desk.  Did you, by
chance, work your way thru college?  Have Momsy and Daddy pay for it?
Or use my tax dollars for a loan that you have no intention of
anything.  A college education guarantees nothing other than
OPPORTUNITY that might not be available otherwise.  You assume big
bigs, etc., by virtue of a degree alone, that simply isn't true.  Have
"sarcasm"....and my point was just that, a college education entitles
you to nothing more than an opportunity. Unfortunately, I have met far
too many pampered  idiots that believe they are "owed" for having sat
in a classroom engrossed in a fantasy about the student 1 row over.<br
/> osiris
RecommendNew Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

archivefolder wrote:

Replying to Mary411:
Replying to i_speak_truth:
Replying to Mary411:
Replying to i_speak_truth:
One cannot air dirty laundry if the clothing is actually clean. There
is always 2 sides to a story. Bob is not telling the truth. He's way
off target. Who here can prove me a liar ?????

I have read your post before and IMO you are not a UAW member. Have a good day!

I never said I was but I am retired from GM. SMIRK. I know all about
the inside and all about the deeds of the UAW.

I asked was if you were a UAW member and because you haven't answer I
assume I was correct and you are NOT a Union member ... you have no
facts to back up your claims , keep trolling darling ..

Speaking of not answering a question, how would the American
Revolution have taken place if your belief of not airing "dirty
laundry" in public was in force when England had colonial rule over
the colonists?

8/2/2010 12:26:26 PM Replying to Mary411:<blockquote>Replying to
i_speak_truth:<blockquote>Replying to Mary411:<blockquote>Replying to
i_speak_truth:<blockquote>One cannot air dirty laundry if the clothing
is actually clean. There is always 2 sides to a story. Bob is not
telling the truth. He's way off target. Who here can prove me a liar
never said I was but I am retired from GM. SMIRK. I know all about the
asked was if you were a UAW member and because you haven't answer I
assume I was correct and you are NOT a Union member ... you have no
facts to back up your claims , keep trolling darling ..<br
would the American Revolution have taken place if your belief of not
airing "dirty laundry" in public was in force when England had
colonial rule over the colonists? archivefolder
RecommendNew Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

Mary411 wrote:

Boy I can smell the chit though my computer screen ... LOL be gone

8/2/2010 12:26:03 PM <br />Boy I can smell the chit though my computer
screen ... LOL be gone <br /> Mary411
RecommendNew Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

MaxStroheim wrote:

Replying to osiris:
Replying to Mary411:

So now we have UAW members joining the ranks of the Union bashers here
posting on the Freep! If you are indeed a UAW member have no no shame
that you would air your dirty laundry here??

I don't like being unable to be present when votes are counted for a
contract or election of officers.

I don't like waiting for months on contract negotiations to complete
and then be given a half hour review of the highlights befor being
forced to vote.

I don't like being told that we will have to walk out but that I am
not alowed to know what issue is on the table that will possible
require this action.

Idno't like covering for the same chronic problem employee while
someone with a geuuine problem is left hanging.

I believe that the union can be something more, and that it can
attract....not coercion.

I always vote no. I want to see the "lowlights".

8/2/2010 12:24:32 PM Replying to osiris:<blockquote>Replying to
Mary411:<blockquote><br />So now we have UAW members joining the ranks
of the Union bashers here posting on the Freep! If you are indeed a
UAW member have no no shame that you would air your dirty laundry
unable to be present when votes are counted for a contract or election
of officers.  <br /><br />I don't like waiting for months on contract
negotiations to complete and then be given a half hour review of the
highlights befor being forced to vote.<br /><br />I don't like being
told that we will have to walk out but that I am not alowed to know
what issue is on the table that will possible require this action.<br
/><br />Idno't like covering for the same chronic problem employee
while someone with a geuuine problem is left hanging.<br /><br />I
believe that the union can be something more, and that it can
attract....not coercion.</blockquote><br />I always vote no. I want to
see the "lowlights". MaxStroheim

osiris wrote:

Replying to Mary411:

So now we have UAW members joining the ranks of the Union bashers here
posting on the Freep! If you are indeed a UAW member have no no shame
that you would air your dirty laundry here??

Yes, Mary, you have at least 1 UAW member joining the ranks of the bashers.

I don't like being unable to be present when votes are counted for a
contract or election of officers.

I don't like waiting for months on contract negotiations to complete
and then be given a half hour review of the highlights befor being
forced to vote.

I don't like being told that we will have to walk out but that I am
not alowed to know what issue is on the table that will possible
require this action.

Idno't like covering for the same chronic problem employee while
someone with a geuuine problem is left hanging.

I believe that the union can be something more, and that it can
attract members by example....not coercion.

8/2/2010 12:22:45 PM Replying to Mary411:<blockquote><br />So now we
have UAW members joining the ranks of the Union bashers here posting
on the Freep! If you are indeed a UAW member have no no shame that you
Mary, you have at least 1 UAW member joining the ranks of the
bashers.<br /><br />I don't like being unable to be present when votes
are counted for a contract or election of officers.  <br /><br />I
don't like waiting for months  on contract negotiations to complete
and then be given a half hour review of the highlights befor being
forced to vote.<br /><br />I don't like being told that we will have
to walk out but that I am not alowed to know what issue is on the
table that will possible require this action.<br /><br />Idno't like
covering for the same chronic problem employee while someone with a
geuuine problem is left hanging.<br /><br />I believe that the union
can be something more, and that it can attract members by
example....not coercion. osiris
Recommend(1)New Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

LivinInTheBurbs wrote:

Replying to osiris:
Replying to EbonyTatas:
/>If you guys want to earn a better living, try aligning your skills
to someone other than an illiterate peasant in a 3rd world country.

Well, I think we found the "entiltlement mentality". College educated?
Why then you DESERVE the big bucks, fancy cars, and vacation villa for
simply showing up and putting your feet on your desk. Did you, by
chance, work your way thru college? Have Momsy and Daddy pay for it?
Or use my tax dollars for a loan that you have no intention of
repaying?

DESERVE has nothing to do with anything. A college education
guarantees nothing other than OPPORTUNITY that might not be available
otherwise. You assume big bigs, etc., by virtue of a degree alone,
that simply isn't true. Have you heard about the job market?

8/2/2010 12:22:09 PM Replying to osiris:<blockquote>Replying to
EbonyTatas:<blockquote> />If you guys want to earn a better living,
try aligning your skills to someone other than an illiterate peasant
the "entiltlement mentality".  College educated?  Why then you DESERVE
the big bucks, fancy cars, and vacation villa for simply showing up
and putting your feet on your desk.  Did you, by chance, work your way
thru college?  Have Momsy and Daddy pay for it?  Or use my tax dollars
for a loan that you have no intention of repaying?</blockquote><br
/><br />DESERVE has nothing to do with anything.  A college education
guarantees nothing other than OPPORTUNITY that might not be available
otherwise.  You assume big bigs, etc., by virtue of a degree alone,
that simply isn't true.  Have you heard about the job market?<br />
LivinInTheBurbs

Mary411 wrote:

Replying to i_speak_truth:
Replying to Mary411:
Replying to i_speak_truth:
One cannot air dirty laundry if the clothing is actually clean. There
is always 2 sides to a story. Bob is not telling the truth. He's way
off target. Who here can prove me a liar ?????

I have read your post before and IMO you are not a UAW member. Have a good day!

I never said I was but I am retired from GM. SMIRK. I know all about
the inside and all about the deeds of the UAW.

I asked was if you were a UAW member and because you haven't answer I
assume I was correct and you are NOT a Union member ... you have no
facts to back up your claims , keep trolling darling ..

8/2/2010 12:21:21 PM Replying to i_speak_truth:<blockquote>Replying to
Mary411:<blockquote>Replying to i_speak_truth:<blockquote>One cannot
air dirty laundry if the clothing is actually clean. There is always 2
sides to a story. Bob is not telling the truth. He's way off target.
your post before and IMO you are not a UAW member. Have a good day!<br
GM. SMIRK. I know all about the inside and all about the deeds of the
because you haven't answer I assume I was correct and you are NOT a
Union member ... you have no facts to back up your claims , keep
trolling darling ..<br /> Mary411

Mary411 wrote:

[...]

MaxStroheim wrote:

Replying to EbonyTatas:
Replying to osiris:
Replying to EbonyTatas:
/>

Well, I think we found the "entiltlement mentality". College educated?
Why then you DESERVE the big bucks, fancy cars, g your feet on your
desk. Did you, by chance, work your way thru college? Have Momsy and
Daddy pay for it? Or use my tax dollars for a loan that you have no
intention of repaying?

It's a simple case of supply and demand; I deserve to earn more
because I have skills and knowledge that cannot be matched by the
majority of society. Contrast that to an uneducated factory worker who
can replaced by 3 billion people around the world. My job is much
harder than "putting my feet on the desk".....your head would probably
explode after 5 minutes. That being said, I could easily replace you
after 2 hours of training.

And btw.....I did have a job through college, and my loans were through BoA.

Like wow man.

8/2/2010 12:19:19 PM Replying to EbonyTatas:<blockquote>Replying to
osiris:<blockquote>Replying to EbonyTatas:<blockquote>
mentality".  College educated?  Why then you DESERVE the big bucks,
fancy cars, g your feet on your desk.  Did you, by chance, work your
way thru college?  Have Momsy and Daddy pay for it?  Or use my tax
dollars for a loan that you have no intention of
demand;  I deserve to earn more because I have skills and knowledge
that cannot be matched by the majority of society. Contrast that to an
uneducated factory worker who can replaced by 3 billion people around
the world. My job is much harder than "putting my feet on the
desk".....your head would probably explode after 5 minutes. That being
said, I could easily replace you after 2 hours of training.<br /><br
/>And btw.....I did have a job through college, and my loans were
through BoA.</blockquote><br />Like wow man. MaxStroheim

i_speak_truth wrote:

Replying to Mary411:
Replying to i_speak_truth:
One cannot air dirty laundry if the clothing is actually clean. There
is always 2 sides to a story. Bob is not telling the truth. He's way
off target. Who here can prove me a liar ?????

I have read your post before and IMO you are not a UAW member. Have a good day!

I never said I was but I am retired from GM. SMIRK. I know all about
the inside and all about the deeds of the UAW.

8/2/2010 12:17:52 PM Replying to Mary411:<blockquote>Replying to
i_speak_truth:<blockquote>One cannot air dirty laundry if the clothing
is actually clean. There is always 2 sides to a story. Bob is not
telling the truth. He's way off target. Who here can prove me a liar
never said I was but I am retired from GM. SMIRK. I know all about the
inside and all about the deeds of the UAW. i_speak_truth
RecommendNew Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

EbonyTatas wrote:

Replying to osiris:
Replying to EbonyTatas:
/>

[...]

8/2/2010 12:17:44 PM Replying to osiris:<blockquote>Replying to
found the "entiltlement mentality".  College educated?  Why then you
DESERVE the big bucks, fancy cars, and vacation villa for simply
showing up and putting your feet on your desk.  Did you, by chance,
work your way thru college?  Have Momsy and Daddy pay for it?  Or use
my tax dollars for a loan that you have no intention of
demand;  I deserve to earn more because I have skills and knowledge
that cannot be matched by the majority of society. Contrast that to an
uneducated factory worker who can replaced by 3 billion people around
the world. My job is much harder than "putting my feet on the
desk".....your head would probably explode after 5 minutes. That being
said, I could easily replace you after 2 hours of training.<br /><br
/>And btw.....I did have a job through college, and my loans were
through BoA. EbonyTatas

Mary411 wrote:

Replying to i_speak_truth:
One cannot air dirty laundry if the clothing is actually clean. There
is always 2 sides to a story. Bob is not telling the truth. He's way
off target. Who here can prove me a liar ?????

I have read your post before and IMO you are not a UAW member. Have a good day!

8/2/2010 12:15:43 PM Replying to i_speak_truth:<blockquote>One cannot
air dirty laundry if the clothing is actually clean. There is always 2
sides to a story. Bob is not telling the truth. He's way off target.
your post before and IMO you are not a UAW member. Have a good day!<br
/> Mary411
RecommendNew Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

archivefolder wrote:

Replying to osiris:
Well, I think we found the "entiltlement mentality". College educated?
Why then you DESERVE the big bucks, fancy cars, and vacation villa for
simply showing up and putting your feet on your desk. Did you, by
chance, work your way thru college? Have Momsy and Daddy pay for it?
Or use my tax dollars for a loan that you have no intention of
repaying?

I agree. A college education or a diploma doesn't entitle you to
anything. However, it can increase, but not always, your chances of
getting a job.

8/2/2010 12:15:14 PM Replying to osiris:<blockquote>Well, I think we
found the "entiltlement mentality".  College educated?  Why then you
DESERVE the big bucks, fancy cars, and vacation villa for simply
showing up and putting your feet on your desk.  Did you, by chance,
work your way thru college?  Have Momsy and Daddy pay for it?  Or use
my tax dollars for a loan that you have no intention of
diploma doesn't entitle you to anything.  However, it can increase,
but not always, your chances of getting a job.<br /> archivefolder
Recommend(1)New Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

jack-squatt wrote:

A Democratic senator is introducing legislation for a bailout of
troubled union pension funds. If passed, the bill could put another
$165 billion in liabilities on the shoulders of American taxpayers.

Could this bill have anything to do with te story about the unions
giving $100 million to campains this november. No, I guess it is just
a coincidence.

8/2/2010 12:14:01 PM A Democratic senator is introducing legislation
for a bailout of troubled union pension funds.  If passed, the bill
could put another $165 billion in liabilities on the shoulders of
American taxpayers.<br /><br />Could this bill have anything to do
with te story about the unions giving $100 million to campains this
november. No, I guess it is just a coincidence. jack-squatt
Recommend(2)New Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

i_speak_truth wrote:

One cannot air dirty laundry if the clothing is actually clean. There
is always 2 sides to a story. Bob is not telling the truth. He's way
off target. Who here can prove me a liar ?????

8/2/2010 12:13:33 PM One cannot air dirty laundry if the clothing is
actually clean. There is always 2 sides to a story. Bob is not telling
the truth. He's way off target. Who here can prove me a liar ?????
i_speak_truth
RecommendNew Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

MaxStroheim wrote:

Replying to CosmoKramer-:
Replying to i_speak_truth:
I'm a Retiree. I worked 30 years. I have a love/hate view of the UAW.
They knew exactly what they were doing all through the 30 years I was
there. I begged the UAW to focus on the customer 25 years ago. They
refused. Were we overpaid? probably. If you think that's wrong. I know
of a chairman who made 4 times more than the line workers at doing
nothing but screwing his own BROTHERS & SISTERS. Please, is this how
the UAW treats family? Sure it is. BOB, getting back to basic begins
on the inside. Clean up your house from the top down. The dirt from
the top keeps falling down to the lower floors making the bottom
dirty. Bob doesn't get it.

Thank You for speaking the TRUTH

The one person's truth is not accross the board.

8/2/2010 12:13:17 PM Replying to CosmoKramer-:<blockquote>Replying to
i_speak_truth:<blockquote>I'm a Retiree. I worked 30 years. I have a
love/hate view of the UAW. They knew exactly what they were doing all
through the 30 years I was there. I begged the UAW to focus on the
customer 25 years ago. They refused. Were we overpaid? probably. If
you think that's wrong. I know of a chairman who made 4 times more
than the line workers at doing nothing but screwing his own BROTHERS &
SISTERS. Please, is this how the UAW treats family? Sure it is. BOB,
getting back to basic begins on the inside. Clean up your house from
the top down. The dirt from the top keeps falling down to the lower
floors making the bottom dirty. Bob doesn't get it.</blockquote><br
/>Thank You for speaking the TRUTH</blockquote><br />The one person's
truth is not accross the board. MaxStroheim
RecommendNew Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

Replying to osiris:

MaxStroheim wrote:

[...]

archivefolder wrote:

Replying to Mary411:
Replying to archivefolder:
Replying to Mary411:

So now we have UAW members joining the ranks of the Union bashers here
posting on the Freep! If you are indeed a UAW member have no no shame
that you would air your dirty laundry here??

It's not uncommon for members of an organization to dissent from
organziation at the top. Not everyone is a sheep.

By your logic, the US never would have been formed since the
dissenting colonists never should have aired the "dirty laundry" in
public to start the American Revolution.

who asked you??

You ask everyone when you post in a public forum.

Don't like the openness of public forums? I suggest you look elsewhere.

8/2/2010 12:13:15 PM Replying to Mary411:<blockquote>Replying to
we have UAW members joining the ranks of the Union bashers here
posting on the Freep! If you are indeed a UAW member have no no shame
that you would air your dirty laundry here??<br /></blockquote><br
/><br />It's not uncommon for members of an organization to dissent
from organziation at the top.  Not everyone is a sheep.<br /><br />By
your logic, the US never would have been formed since the dissenting
colonists never should have aired the "dirty laundry" in public to
a public forum.<br /><br />Don't like the openness of public forums?
I suggest you look elsewhere. archivefolder
Recommend(2)New Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

CosmoKramer- wrote:

Replying to osiris:
Replying to EbonyTatas:
/>Why would I be jealous of UAW workers who now make $12 an hour
before taxes and union dues? And the only problem in this state is the
entitled mentality of our least skilled workers; no one deserves to be
in the middle class just because they have a job. If you guys want to
earn a better living, try aligning your skills to someone other than
an illiterate peasant in a 3rd world country.

Well, I think we found the "entiltlement mentality". College educated?
Why then you DESERVE the big bucks, fancy cars, and vacation villa for
simply showing up and putting your feet on your desk. Did you, by
chance, work your way thru college? Have Momsy and Daddy pay for it?
Or use my tax dollars for a loan that you have no intention of
repaying?

That $60 Billion bailout will never be repaid either.

8/2/2010 12:12:27 PM Replying to osiris:<blockquote>Replying to
EbonyTatas:<blockquote> />Why would I be jealous of UAW workers who
now make $12 an hour before taxes and union dues?  And the only
problem in this state is the entitled mentality of our least skilled
workers;  no one deserves to be in the middle class just because they
have a job.  If you guys want to earn a better living, try aligning
your skills to someone other than an illiterate peasant in a 3rd world
"entiltlement mentality".  College educated?  Why then you DESERVE the
big bucks, fancy cars, and vacation villa for simply showing up and
putting your feet on your desk.  Did you, by chance, work your way
thru college?  Have Momsy and Daddy pay for it?  Or use my tax dollars
for a loan that you have no intention of repaying?</blockquote><br
/>That $60 Billion bailout will never be repaid either. CosmoKramer-
Recommend(1)New Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

EbonyTatas wrote:

Replying to MaxStroheim:
Replying to EbonyTatas:
Replying to CrazyBryan:
Replying to EbonyTatas:
You uneducated drunks

This makes you part of the problem, not the solution.

Why would I be jealous of UAW workers who now make $12 a And the only
problem in this state is the entitled mentality of our least skilled
workers; no one deserves to be in the middle class just because they
have a job. If you guys want to earn a better living, try aligning
your skills to someone other than an illiterate peasant in a 3rd world
country.

A person can attain better skills, at the end of the day someone still
has to do the work.

Yes, and generally the people who perform menial labor get paid the
least. My point was that if you want to be paid more, develop some
skills that warrant a higher salary. Don’t choose your career and then
complain about the pay after the fact.

8/2/2010 12:11:38 PM Replying to MaxStroheim:<blockquote>Replying to
EbonyTatas:<blockquote>Replying to CrazyBryan:<blockquote>Replying to
makes you part of the problem, not the solution.<br /><br
now make $12 a And the only problem in this state is the entitled
mentality of our least skilled workers;  no one deserves to be in the
middle class just because they have a job.  If you guys want to earn a
better living, try aligning your skills to someone other than an
illiterate peasant in a 3rd world country.</blockquote><br />A person
can attain better skills, at the end of the day someone still has to
perform menial labor get paid the least.  My point was that if you
want to be paid more, develop some skills that warrant a higher
salary.  Don’t choose your career and then complain about the pay
after the fact.  <br /> EbonyTatas
Recommend(1)New Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

archivefolder wrote:

Replying to osiris:
Replying to archivefolder:
/>Actually, it's no surprise many union memebers have (or had) the
"It's not my job" viewpoint. At one time there were over 30 job
classifications that, by contract, allowed workers to claim "It's not
my job".

You're referring to skilled trades, and I will admit some of the class
distinctions are hazy at best. There is a fair amount of work that
could be classed as "general maintenance".

Now then, when you go in for surgery, do want a specialist or a GP
doing the cutting? Maybe the mailroom staff handling your 401
portfolio?

Agree 100%. There are certain positions that are not 100%
interchangable due to skill set, licensing, etc.

8/2/2010 12:11:23 PM Replying to osiris:<blockquote>Replying to
archivefolder:<blockquote>/>Actually, it's no surprise many union
memebers have (or had) the "It's not my job" viewpoint.  At one time
there were over 30 job classifications that, by contract, allowed
referring to skilled trades, and I will admit some of the class
distinctions are hazy at best. There is a fair amount of work that
could be classed as "general maintenance". <br /><br />Now then, when
you go in for surgery, do want a specialist or a GP doing the cutting?
 Maybe the mailroom staff handling your 401 portfolio?</blockquote><br
/><br />Agree 100%.  There are certain positions that are not 100%
interchangable due to skill set, licensing, etc. archivefolder
RecommendNew Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

deuceman wrote:

I forgot to say people in unions (younger workers) are mostly
realistic while the oldtimers have told me directly they can close the
plant before I pay anymore for healthcare! When unions were formed,
look it up if you don't believe me. Workers lost limbs and Henry Ford
kept the line going. Workers weren't paid wages but were housed in
compound worker camp like they have in China. Yes, they were
deplorable conditions and I would have supported an organized
workforce. But now it is a political machine that contributes to a
political party which uses and abuses their members. They are token
votes! Ficanon said co's love unions because they know what they are
getting a skilled workeforce. Ha!! Alabama had no union workers and
they are doing great. So much for that argument.

8/2/2010 12:11:16 PM I forgot to say people in unions (younger
workers) are mostly realistic while the oldtimers have told me
directly they can close the plant before I pay anymore for healthcare!
 When unions were formed, look it up if you don't believe me.  Workers
lost limbs and Henry Ford kept the line going.  Workers weren't paid
wages but were housed in compound worker camp like they have in China.
 Yes, they were deplorable conditions and I would have supported an
organized workforce.  But now it is a political machine that
contributes to a political party which uses and abuses their members.
They are token votes!  Ficanon said co's love unions because they know
what they are getting a skilled workeforce.  Ha!!  Alabama had no
union workers and they are doing great.  So much for that argument.
deuceman
Recommend(3)New Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

CosmoKramer- wrote:

Replying to i_speak_truth:
I'm a Retiree. I worked 30 years. I have a love/hate view of the UAW.
They knew exactly what they were doing all through the 30 years I was
there. I begged the UAW to focus on the customer 25 years ago. They
refused. Were we overpaid? probably. If you think that's wrong. I know
of a chairman who made 4 times more than the line workers at doing
nothing but screwing his own BROTHERS & SISTERS. Please, is this how
the UAW treats family? Sure it is. BOB, getting back to basic begins
on the inside. Clean up your house from the top down. The dirt from
the top keeps falling down to the lower floors making the bottom
dirty. Bob doesn't get it.

Thank You for speaking the TRUTH

8/2/2010 12:10:21 PM Replying to i_speak_truth:<blockquote>I'm a
Retiree. I worked 30 years. I have a love/hate view of the UAW. They
knew exactly what they were doing all through the 30 years I was
there. I begged the UAW to focus on the customer 25 years ago. They
refused. Were we overpaid? probably. If you think that's wrong. I know
of a chairman who made 4 times more than the line workers at doing
nothing but screwing his own BROTHERS & SISTERS. Please, is this how
the UAW treats family? Sure it is. BOB, getting back to basic begins
on the inside. Clean up your house from the top down. The dirt from
the top keeps falling down to the lower floors making the bottom
dirty. Bob doesn't get it.</blockquote><br />Thank You for speaking
the TRUTH CosmoKramer-

osiris wrote:

Replying to EbonyTatas:
/>Why would I be jealous of UAW workers who now make $12 an hour
before taxes and union dues? And the only problem in this state is the
entitled mentality of our least skilled workers; no one deserves to be
in the middle class just because they have a job. If you guys want to
earn a better living, try aligning your skills to someone other than
an illiterate peasant in a 3rd world country.

Well, I think we found the "entiltlement mentality". College educated?
Why then you DESERVE the big bucks, fancy cars, and vacation villa for
simply showing up and putting your feet on your desk. Did you, by
chance, work your way thru college? Have Momsy and Daddy pay for it?
Or use my tax dollars for a loan that you have no intention of
repaying?

8/2/2010 12:09:46 PM Replying to EbonyTatas:<blockquote> />Why would I
be jealous of UAW workers who now make $12 an hour before taxes and
union dues?  And the only problem in this state is the entitled
mentality of our least skilled workers;  no one deserves to be in the
middle class just because they have a job.  If you guys want to earn a
better living, try aligning your skills to someone other than an
illiterate peasant in a 3rd world country.</blockquote><br /><br
/>Well, I think we found the "entiltlement mentality".  College
educated?  Why then you DESERVE the big bucks, fancy cars, and
vacation villa for simply showing up and putting your feet on your
desk.  Did you, by chance, work your way thru college?  Have Momsy and
Daddy pay for it?  Or use my tax dollars for a loan that you have no
intention of repaying? osiris

Mary411 wrote:

Replying to archivefolder:
Replying to Mary411:

So now we have UAW members joining the ranks of the Union bashers here
posting on the Freep! If you are indeed a UAW member have no no shame
that you would air your dirty laundry here??

It's not uncommon for members of an organization to dissent from
organziation at the top. Not everyone is a sheep.

By your logic, the US never would have been formed since the
dissenting colonists never should have aired the "dirty laundry" in
public to start the American Revolution.

who asked you??

8/2/2010 12:09:40 PM Replying to archivefolder:<blockquote>Replying to
Mary411:<blockquote><br />So now we have UAW members joining the ranks
of the Union bashers here posting on the Freep! If you are indeed a
UAW member have no no shame that you would air your dirty laundry
an organization to dissent from organziation at the top.  Not everyone
is a sheep.<br /><br />By your logic, the US never would have been

archivefolder wrote:

Replying to Mary411:

So now we have UAW members joining the ranks of the Union bashers here
posting on the Freep! If you are indeed a UAW member have no no shame
that you would air your dirty laundry here??

It's not uncommon for members of an organization to dissent from
organziation at the top. Not everyone is a sheep.

By your logic, the US never would have been formed since the
dissenting colonists never should have aired the "dirty laundry" in
public to start the American Revolution.

8/2/2010 12:08:49 PM Replying to Mary411:<blockquote><br />So now we
have UAW members joining the ranks of the Union bashers here posting
on the Freep! If you are indeed a UAW member have no no shame that you
not uncommon for members of an organization to dissent from
organziation at the top.  Not everyone is a sheep.<br /><br />By your
logic, the US never would have been formed since the dissenting
colonists never should have aired the "dirty laundry" in public to
start the American Revolution. archivefolder
Recommend(1)New Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

texasbf wrote:

Replying to Atilathehun:
You'd not like to live in a world where everything was controlled by
the companies. Re-visit history and you'll see that was the norm once.
Decide for yourself if that's the level of consideration for the
worker, environment, and society in general that you would want to
return. If you think it would be different today you're a wide-eyed
optimist. Unions are a necessary check and balance to the abuses that
unrestrained business would bring.

This is an absolute truth and its to bad the pendalum swings both ways
and greed gets in the way..auto folks need to realize that when
everyone went global, NAFTA etc etc it was to their demise however
teachers FF Po etc etc are still reaping rewards far beyond their
worth because taxpayers pay and u cant outsource their jobs..look at
NY CA etc etc where they can never pay the pensions or HC..but this
man is right..we cant have it both ways and we are now paying for the
unions way!!

8/2/2010 12:08:47 PM Replying to Atilathehun:<blockquote>You'd not
[...]
texasbf

Mary411 wrote:

Replying to i_speak_truth:
Replying to Mary411:

So now we have UAW members joining the ranks of the Union bashers here
posting on the Freep! If you are indeed a UAW member have no no shame
that you would air your dirty laundry here??

I SPEAK TRUTH ... The UAW heads are the ones who lie to their members.
That is the number 1. problem.

Sounds like you may have been left behind!

8/2/2010 12:07:58 PM Replying to i_speak_truth:<blockquote>Replying to
Mary411:<blockquote><br />So now we have UAW members joining the ranks
of the Union bashers here posting on the Freep! If you are indeed a
UAW member have no no shame that you would air your dirty laundry
are the ones who lie to their members. That is the number 1.
behind!<br /> Mary411
RecommendNew Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

darksafi wrote:

The free market pays what you are worth. Sometimes that is minimum
wage. Feel however you want, destroying American buisnesses with
extortion leads to forign owned buisnesess here. They have it hard
with a older country and have learned to compete and work hard, now it
is our turn. The unions are like a private tax collection agency that
preys on the non-upwardly mobile.

8/2/2010 12:07:39 PM The free market pays what you are worth.
Sometimes that is minimum wage. Feel however you want, destroying
American buisnesses with extortion leads to forign owned buisnesess
here. They have it hard with a older country and have learned to
compete and work hard, now it is our turn. The unions are like a
private tax collection agency that preys on the non-upwardly mobile.
darksafi
Recommend(2)New Post Reply to this Post Report Abuse

MaxStroheim wrote:

Replying to EbonyTatas:
Replying to CrazyBryan:
Replying to EbonyTatas:
You uneducated drunks

This makes you part of the problem, not the solution. Over
generalizing like this makes you sound like an idiot, with no real
grasp of the topic being discussed. It also hints to some deep seeded
repressed jealousy to a person who made a good wage performing a job
that required minimal education at the time.

any response you utter is now null and void.

Why would I be jealous of UAW workers who now make $12 a And the only
problem in this state is the entitled mentality of our least skilled
workers; no one deserves to be in the middle class just because they
have a job. If you guys want to earn a better living, try aligning
your skills to someone other than an illiterate peasant in a 3rd world
country.

A person can attain better skills, at the end of the day someone still
has to do the work.

8/2/2010 12:07:23 PM Replying to EbonyTatas:<blockquote>Replying to
CrazyBryan:<blockquote>Replying to EbonyTatas:<blockquote>You
uneducated drunks</blockquote><br /> This makes you part of the
problem, not the solution.  Over generalizing like this makes you
sound like an idiot, with no real grasp of the topic being discussed.
It also hints to some deep seeded repressed jealousy to a person who
made a good wage performing a job that required minimal education at
the time.  <br /><br />any response you utter is now null and void.<br
who now make $12 a And the only problem in this state is the entitled
mentality of our least skilled workers;  no one deserves to be in the
middle class just because they have a job.  If you guys want to earn a
better living, try aligning your skills to someone other than an
illiterate peasant in a 3rd world country.</blockquote><br />A person
can attain better skills, at the end of the day someone still has to
do the work. MaxStroheim

i_speak_truth wrote:

Replying to Mary411:

So now we have UAW members joining the ranks of the Union bashers here
posting on the Freep! If you are indeed a UAW member have no no shame
that you would air your dirty laundry here??

I SPEAK TRUTH ... The UAW heads are the ones who lie to their members.
That is the number 1. problem.

8/2/2010 12:07:02 PM Replying to Mary411:<blockquote><br />So now we
have UAW members joining the ranks of the Union bashers here posting
on the Freep! If you are indeed a UAW member have no no shame that you
SPEAK TRUTH ... The UAW heads are the ones who lie to their members.
That is the number 1. problem. i_speak_truth