On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 11:29 PM, CeJ <jann...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As I posted before, it's deja vu all over again when you get down to
> what human relations create such crises.
> JP Morgan himself was caught up in helping to create the crisis,
> although he went down in history as one of those guys who helped
> overcome it. BTW, I don't necessarily agree with the smithsonianmag's
> analysis of what 'caused' the current meltdown. However, I will point
> out that a lot of the same things were said about the main players in
> 1907-8--that they were mysterious, behind-the-scenes people only
> acting out of self-interest, that what they did was out of control,
> that because of technological innovation in finance and banking, too
> much was being done in very little time and it was out of control.

^^^^^
Yeah "out of control" is really deja vu all over again of  "Modern
bourgeois society, with its relations of production, of exchange and
of property, a society that has conjured up such gigantic means of
production and of exchange, is like the sorcerer who is no longer able
to control the powers of the nether world whom he has called up by his
spells."  They just can't help themselves.

Interesting that you mention Morgan. I'm still fascinated by that
chapter, titled "Bailout is the name of the game" in that book by that
rightwing Tea Party type G. Edward Griffin , _The Creature from Jekyll
Island_. It _can_ be fairly said to predict the bailouts. Anyway, I
believe Morgan dominated the founding of the Fed. It's really no big
surprise. The Fed was founded to keep enriched the biggest banks in
the first place- dog bites man.