On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 16:51:06 -0500 c b <cb31...@gmail.com> writes:
> Michelle Bachmann's intelligence isn't the issue. Like Palin and W,
> she wants to appear less educated, because that enhances her brand
> with a "she's just one of us" vitality. None of these people are
> stupid. You can't get where they are if you're stupid. Ad hominem
> attacks result from laziness. Zero in on the issues. When we attack
> the personalities we are allowing the Republicans to choose the
> ground
> we fight on.
>
> ^^^^
> CB:I very much agree with this. The simulated "regular person" act
> pandering to American anti-intellectualism is vintage Reagan. None
> of
> them are stupid.

Yes, Ronald Reagan was the master of this, but
he had his predecessors too.  Back in the
1950s, President Eisenhower pulled a similar act too.
He was famous for his press conferences with his jumbled syntax,
his confusing and confuesed answers, which aroused jeers
from the pundits but which greatly increased his appeal
to his base.  We have his diaries where he boasted of
doing just that.  It was, after all, rather unlikely that
the man who had been the successful  Supreme Allied Commander
in Europe during WWII would have been a dope.

Jim Farmelant
http://independent.academia.edu/JimFarmelant
www.foxymath.com
Learn or Review Basic Math