Hey, wasn't this guy one of the Soviet regime's ideological Three Card
Monte men?  The Healyites were into this intellectual psychology as
well which is designed to convince people to abandon their common
sense for some dimly understood dogma that served as theological
window dressing for obeisiance to the august and wise leader.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_card_monte