#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

It is a way to debate the historical materialist thesis that capitalism runs into a barrier of its own making - with obvious political implications - in such a way as to avoid emphasis on those implications.

The situation is clearer, and more fruitful in theoretical results, if you go back to round one of this controversy, Maurice Dobbs versus Paul Sweezy.

Mark L wrote:

I've never actually gotten an answer that persuaded me that anything was at stake other than conflicting ideas of how to define "capitalism."
<