#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Mark Lause:

‘I've raised this question myself several times and also felt like I must be missing something.

‘I've never actually gotten an answer that persuaded me that anything was at stake other than conflicting ideas of how to define "capitalism."’

****

The debate on the transition from feudalism to capitalism is important in itself in that it rests of the ability (or otherwise) of historical materialism to explain actual historical events and processes.

In addition to this, insofar as it does address ‘what capitalism is’, how it comes into being, how it operates, how it might be superseded, the debate and the issues it raises are of practical importance now for Marxists (and for people who might not think of themselves as Marxists) but who are engaged in the struggle for a better – non/post-capitalist – world.

@edwardbgeorge

http://readingmarx.wordpress.com/