#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Clay Claiborne said:
#*JeSuisCharlie* <https://twitter.com/clayclai/status/555165483138174976>?
Its one thing to support the Nazi's right to march. It is quite another to
march with them

Ken Hiebert replies:
Such a remark will inflame the discussion and add little to our understanding.
Based on what I have seen I am inlined to think that the cartoons, whatever the
intention was, were stupid, misguided and lent themselves to an Islamophobic
view.  That is a long way from being Nazi.

In any case, do we really support the right of Nazis to march?  I, and I think
others on this list, do not support government measures to prevent them from
marching.  We do support mobilizations of working people and targeted
minorities to prevent the Nazis from marching.