#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 3/6/15 4:07 PM, James Creegan wrote:

The obvious answer to the last question is that the people do not always
perceive that which corresponds to their objective interests. Allowing
to do so is the task of revolutionary leadership.

I think you said that already. In terms of the task of revolutionary leaderships, the bar is set much lower than for governing. It consists of issuing statements in newspapers that are read by few. In my study of the sectarian mind, I have always been amazed by comparisons made to Lenin's party with some former subscribers alluding to the small size of the Bolshevik faction in the early 1900s. Such self-deception dwarfs Eugene O'Neill's memorable "The Iceman Cometh".

Also, if you reject the traditional scenario of dual power, leading to
the conquest of state sovereignty by  the working class, it's only fair
to ask you what your own expected or desired scenario is.

I remember like yesterday Joanna Misnik telling us YSA'ers in NYC how weird it struck her to hear Mark Rudd talking about scenarios for taking it to the pigs. She laughed and said he was confusing politics with movie-making.