#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

"During the Vietnam war I don't remember anyone "questioning" whether the US
military poisoned the Vietnamese with agent-orange rather than the other
way around (which would have explained the many thousands of American
troops who were also affected). When arch-bishop Romero and the church
women were murdered in El Salvador, I don't remember anyone on the left
going out of their way to investigate whether that had actually been the
work of the FMLN in order to gain sympathy. Well sure, anything is
possible, but if you're doing honest journalism you don't just write in
detail about every unlikely possibility."

No, but there were plenty on the left that second guessed crimes when they
were committed by countries associated or allegedly associated with the
Soviet Union, and for good reason -- the media exaggerated the fuck out of
them while downplaying US atrocities, many on the left reversed this bias.

- Amith

On Mon, May 4, 2015 at 6:37 PM, Jeff via Marxism <