#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

"I think provoking Trumpette violence can be tactically stupid. But I also
think the UIC violence came mainly from Trump's people."

Geez, it sounds, Clay, like you (and unfortunately too many others) seem to
think that Black and Brown youth response to the ongoing racist, xenophobic
violence and threats of violence by Trump and the racists he has emboldened
were somehow ill-advised in exerting their RIGHT to stand up against it. This
response by activists in BLM and, even, from the muddle-headed leftists
supporting Sanders (at least they got THIS response right) is exactly how to
turn the miasma of the bourgeois elections into veritable political action that
can become comprehensible to larger numbers of the masses, especially Black,
Brown, Muslim, and immigrant communtiies. Can't you even imagine how incensed,
frustrated, and even cowed many of US have felt hearing day in, day out, the
racist hysteria being perpetrated under the guise of "electioneering"? Trump
may not be a fascist (I agree with that assessment), but there are many racists
and frustrated White workers who may think he is and are emboldened to ex
 press their hatred in vile and violent ways. It is to the credit of BLM and
Sanders activists and, even Sanders (who has called Trump on his threats to
send his supporters to Sanders rallies) that they are willing to take this
fight into the streets. It is about Time!

The opportunity is right here to call out people like Sanders and Clinton to
stand up for democratic rights, to create a groundswell of action, rather than
simple electioneering on the real issues that are behind people like Trump (and
Cruz, for that matter). I believe there should be united coalition-like action
to defend Sanders' rallies against the potential for racist violence that Trump
is trying generate. Such actions can spill onto the streets the issues that
bourgeois electoralism is designed to obfuscate. There is potential to mobilize
on the very issues Sanders pretends to "save us" with and that the Democratic
Party wants to funnel into voting.

My personal view is that Sanders will likely back down and that Trump may also,
but it is also possible that a real important battle will be joined here. We
should be standing with young people in this fight and, if the opportunity
presents itself, to propose veritable mass action tactics that can bring the
battles that bourgeois candidates only want to talk about into the streets.