#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

"Do you really not get the concept that when members of an ethnic group -
ANY ethnic group = are criticized in public by other members of the same
group, those comments are taken more seriously that those of outsiders?"

No, I do not agree with this. It depends highly on the subject matter and
the nature of the criticism. Moreover, when we are talking about issues
that are fundamentally related to race and rights, I think saying that
members of the "same" ethnic group have greater credibility is essentially
a validation of the racism in question. I do not think that is necessarily
unique to Zionism, but it applies.

I am also not blind to the fact that, from a pragmatic standpoint, what you
are saying is simply a bitter fact of the world we live in. But I do not
think it is ethical or strategic to leave this unquestioned. It is
fundamentally what the issue of Zionism is -- that Jewish people from any
part of the world are entitled to a say in the fate of Palestine, whereas
the Palestinians and those who identify woth them are secondary and
presumably nefarious.

To make the point, I do not think most reasonable people would find it
suspicious to hear a non-Muslim condemn ISIS, a white person condemn Bill
Cosby, etc. Maybe in some contexts, but that certainly isn't the norm.

--
- Amith