#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 9/6/16 10:21 AM, Clay Claiborne via Marxism wrote:
The question here is not do you struggle with a Syrian revolutionary like
Robin around him using the word "bitch" ? [Remembering English is not his
1st language], of course you do.

Or do you cut him off forever because he used that word TWICE! and bring it
up even after he has corrected himself and while using a very offensive
term, because he doesn't like her, has dropped the sexism term

First of all, Robin Yassin-Kassab was in the ISO at one point so he knows something about Marxism. Second of all, his novel "Road to Damascus" was written in English, a language he speaks with a British accent and not an Arabic one.

For someone who has written about the need for human liberation, I find it appalling that he refers to Jill Stein as a "bitch" and a "piece of shit". You had nothing to do with the first word but I fault you for forwarding his tweet that contained the second imprecation in the hope apparently that we might do a breast-beating Maoist self-criticism for provoking him to lash out.

This guy is not a construction worker. He was the co-editor of Critical Muslim, a very advanced journal that I contributed two articles to with great pride. He is a novelist, an advanced political analyst and capable of nuanced language.

I find it deeply problematic that he stoops to such language to describe Jill Stein while the both of you endorse Hillary Clinton who voted for wars that cost the lives of a million Muslims. Stein's ideas are retrograde but she has never been near the seats of power or ever will be.