#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On 1/2/17 3:17 PM, John Reimann via Marxism wrote:
A bit of a discussion is under way (again) about an alternative to
the Democrats. Seth Ackerman has written an article “A Blueprint for
a New Party”
<https://www.jacobinmag.com/2016/11/bernie-sanders-democratic-labor-party-ackerman/>,

There is something so sterile about all these grad students and professors writing this kind of stuff without having any involvement in practical politics.

I didn't start writing this kind of thing until I came to Columbia in 1991 and discovered the Internet. But I had been in the trenches for 25 years building Vietnam antiwar demonstrations, working with CISPES, serving on the board of Tecnica, etc. before I ever wrote a single article.

Unless you develop some political experience, you end up writing stuff that is very schematic. To start with, blueprints make no sense at all. The American class struggle will dictate both the program and the organizational forms we use, not navel-gazing by doctoral candidates at Cornell.