#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

While I disagree with some of David Harvey's formulations, I think we do have
to recognise that the rise of China is a significant change.

Chinese corporations are investing in mines in Africa and Latin America, ports
in Australia, Greece and Sri Lanka, etc.

Does this make China an imperialist power?

The situation is complicated, because China is still a source of cheap labor
for US, European and Japanese corporations.

Chris Slee