#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Marxists advocate that the U. S. and other capitalist states:

disarm their militaries and police.

As for stated concerns about " how human life has been cheapened

in U. S. society".  Really???  Are we talking about the nation that

committed genocide against the Native People and continue with

harmful policies?  Or the long history of slavery and Jim Crow and

the racist policies and practices that continue?  The government

and private vigilantes who murdered union strikers wanting to have

basic living needs, or killing radicals, the prison and injustice system,

the awful housing conditions, the lack of quality education and health

care and food.  The large number of elderly having to choose between

shelter, medicine and food - but can not have all three of.

The U. S. government with the blood of countless numbers of people

in many nations, for to benefit a capitalist quest for profits and power.

The same U. S. government and society that harms millions of poor

people who reside in the horrors and challenges in that U. S. Society

they endure?   From the prisons, to the convalescent homes, from

environmental harmed localities to the lack of hope and destroying

the lives of poor youth in both the cities and rural communities. The

violence of racism, sexism, homophobia have been long a part of the

U. S. - and accepted by many.   I know of no working class leftist who

does not understand and is affected by the ongoing violence of this

society and nation.

The Mandalay Hotel shooting reminds me of the U. S. helicopters

shooting down below on the Vietnamese villagers.  Those villagers had

less resources than the mainly Trump supporters in Vegas who paid

for their tickets to hear Country Western singers reflecting mainly

Jesus Land - and when they want" to get naughty" in Las Vegas.

What happens in Vegas - does not always just stay there.  But the

Vegas lifestyle reflects also the "U. S. Society of respect for life"

of the haves and have nots.  Consumerism, greed and I detect

some brainwashing religion and not class politics, raised as

"our nation and society's values".

What should we expect from capitalism - with "losers and winners"

Alienation - what a shock?  Violence - who would have thought it

would happen?  Fucking priviliged liberals.   Promote the disarming

of police and ending their militarization, not joining the reactionary

funded liberal "gun control groups", who want to disarm the populace

but not the government repressive forces.   Are wars, poverty, injustice

"respecting life"?

________________________________

Well, the legality of assault rifles certainly didn't help. And if they
legalize silencers, just imagine how many more would have been killed,
since it would have taken that much longer to figure out where the shots
were coming from.

But in the end, it's not a matter of gun control legislation. It's a matter
of how human life has been cheapened in US society, how violence is
legitimatized, and most important the extreme level of unfocused anger and
frustration.

By the way, imagine what Trump would have been saying if it had been a
black person accused of this crime. Or a Latino immigrant. Then we would
not be hearing all the hypocrisy about "coming together"; we'd be hearing
blanket denunciation of the entire black community or of all Latino
immigrants. And if it had been a person with a Muslim last name? Oh my god!

John.

.<http://lists.csbs.utah.edu/options/marxism/causecollector%40msn.com>