#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

There are some points in the article by Dave Holmes that we could quibble
about.  He refers to "al Qaeda", whereas Jabhat al-Nusra/HTS has seemingly
broken with al-Qaeda.

But this does not change the fact that, ever since Jabhat al-Nusra crushed the
Syrian Revolutionaries Front in 2014, Idlib province has been dominated by
reactionary Islamist groups such as HTS, Ahrar al-Sham etc.

Chris Slee