#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

On Mon, Mar 9, 2020 at 6:56 PM RKOB via Marxism <marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu>
wrote:
I agree that "This sell-out deal was almost as predictable as night
becoming day". However, it is one thing to say so AFTER such an event has
happened or to warn about such a danger AHEAD of it.If comrades have
written such warning/predictions ahead of it, please forward the respective
link.

Reply:
Well, since you're responding to me, when I wrote that Turkey's attacks
smashing up Assad's genocide-arsenal and downing warplanes deserves the
total support of humanity, I followed this with:
obviously I am not saying rebels should trust Turkey or subordinate
themselves or put much faith in Turkish actions; the reality is that Turkey
will do little, caught up as it is in deals with Assad's owners, Russia and
Iran. Turkey did nothing to prevent the cities of the revolution falling;
we all know why. However, Turkey also has 3.7 million Syrian refugees, the
highest number of refugees in the world by far, and it cannot handle
another million or two crossing the border; right now it is blocking them,
so the displaced are trapped between Assad and Putin's genocidal bombing
and Turkey's wall. To the extent that this forces Turkey to draw a line
somewhere, in the northern half of Idlib, to keep it, not as a centre of
revolution obviously, but as a giant refugee camp, we must say: GOOD. Not
anywhere good enough of course, but that is now done. No-one ever expected
the US or Turkey or Gulf countries to support a revolution and they didn't,
but if Turkey's own needs now correspond to protecting civilians from
slaughter, then that must be supported.

Seems a pretty clear description of exactly what occurred.