#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

> On Mar 19, 2020, at 12:58 PM, Jeffrey Masko via Marxism
> <marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu> wrote:
>
> From the comments below the article:
>
> "I have deep respect for philosophers, and the ideas expressed here have
> been known for a long time: how people in power use the fear to dominate
> masses. However, as facts have demonstrated since this was published in feb
> 26, Mr Agamben couldn’t be more wrong in this case. Intellectuals sometimes
> are taken away by their intelligence, to the point that they fail to see
> reality in front of their noses. hope this gentleman will publish another
> article soon acknowledging that what he calls a simple flu is killing (and
> will kill many more) thousands of human beings around the world."
>
> Well put.

Couldn’t agree more. MP’s apparently firm resolve to find a way to disregard or
minimize the significance of epidemiological realities is disconcerting to say
the least, and at this point is doing more damage to his credibility than
anything else, in my view.

The fact that ruling class forces will attempt to use an epidemiological crisis
to consolidate and extend their power in no way reduces the danger that an
aggressive and potentially fatal virus poses on its own to working people.
Infectious diseases don’t give a fuck about the balance of class forces, and we
have to work out strategy and tactics on that basis of that reality.