> http://www.zmag.org/znet/viewArticle/22515

"Nonetheless, China's historic leap from oblivion into one of the top 21st
century economies and its impressive results from recent stimulus
initiatives both vividly illustrate the basic superiority of a centralized
rational investment plan, even one so intrinsically flawed, over one
dictated exclusively by the mad, chaotic rush for individual profit."

The issue is not just about central planing. Every state does central
planing, even those which are run by most radical neoliberal principles.
Nazi-state for example did plan almost everything centrally. That is the
goal of any given state. The question that need to be raised must go far
beyond this formal criterion and focus on the content of what is being
planed. In other words, if we consider the issues about central planing the
focus above all must be property relations. Only on the basis of  this we
can classify states and their central planing policies.
------
Dogan Göcmen
(http://dogangocmen.wordpress.com/)
Author of The Adam Smith Problem:
Reconciling Human Nature and Society in
The Theory of Moral Sentiments and Wealth of Nations, I. B. Tauris,
London&New York 2007