On Jan 2, 2010, at 2:55 PM, Jolly Jack wrote:

> I actually received the link from this list in a posting by Andrew
> Pollack earlier today. The link
> is:http://counterpunch.com/roberts12302009.html
>  . Opposition to the state of Israel, or it's policies,is not what I
> am objecting about. I am curious, do you see what I find
> objectionable and fundamentally reactionary about this article?

"It is a simple matter for an educated person to make fools of these
morons who profess to be Christians.  However, these morons have vast
constituencies numbering in the tens of millions of Americans.  There
are, in fact, more of them than there are intelligent, informed,
moral, and real Christian Americans."

I see nothing antisemitic in this.  It's rather a sectarian trope--a
blast against a different variant of his own (Christian) ideology,
denouncing them as "phony" Christians.  As one with revulsion for
Christianity as such, I don't find this very objectionable because
"when thieves fall out the honest come into their own."

Shane Mage