Louis wrote:
>The inability of the ruling class in the USA to act on its *long
>term* interests is interesting. Clearly, the damage to the
>environment threatens the ability of the capitalist system to
>reproduce itself but nothing seems to get done to fix the
>problems. My guess is that this is a function of a declining
>culture all-around. From John Ford to John Hughes. From FDR to
>Obama. Slouching toward Bethlehem.
Jeez, talk about a a decided weakness for rightwing ideology. It's all
declining, it is all too decadent, we must go back...

S.Artesian is falling into the same type of talk, with his own more
materialist approach....But, as the old bearded man said, there is no such
thing as a long term crisis.

Brad