I have masquerading setup and working exactly how the howto says, but I
am having trouble getting it to work right and coexist with my current
networking setup in NT, mainly getting it to work while still using
DHCP.
I have searched the web using AltaVista, and also browsed the archive
for this list, but I didn't see any real search tool for the archive. I
hope I'm not reproducing something that has already been discussed.
Here is the NT setup
What works is:
Under TCP/IP Properties: IP Address tab
IP Address specified as 192.168.1.8
Subnet mask 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.45
Under the advanced button on IP Address tab:
IP Address: 192.168.1.8 Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateways: 192.168.1.45 (automatically entered when I add it as the
Default Gateway)
Under DNS tab
Host Name: MyHost
Domain: MyDomain
DNS Service Search Order: 192.168.1.3; 216.129.152.1
Under WINS Address tab
Primary WINS Server: 192.168.1.3
Enable DNS for Windows Resolution check box selected
LMHOSTS not selected
What I want:
Under TCP/IP Properties: IP Address tab
Obtain an IP address from a DHCP server
Under the advanced button on IP Address tab:
IP Address: "DHCP Enabled" (Automatically chosen when I choose DHCP)
(No subnet mask shows up when using DHCP)
Gateways: 192.168.1.45
Everything else should stay the same. Changing it causes problems with
the LAN.
Thank you in andvance for your help, and please CC a copy to me
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) so I don't have to wait for the digest for an
answer.
Rob Rogers
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]