On Mon, Jun 14, 1999 at 02:57:52PM -0700, David A. Ranch wrote:
> >Would it be possible to modify the ipportfw program to accept an
> >interface rather than an address?  
> 
> Why?  the Internet works off of IP addresses.  Just use the line above.

I want to redirect data from ppp0, regardless of what its IP address
happens to be at a given moment.

> > 2) run the ipportfw rules along with the firewall rules at ip-up time.
> 
> You have to do that anyway.

But at ip-up time, I don't know which host behind the masquerade is the
want I want to forward packets to.  If I had a static IP address this
wouldn't be an issue, because the rules wouldn't need to be modified.
Basically I need to keep all the old rules, replacing
'old_ppp0_inet_addr' with 'new_ppp0_inet_addr' - and I don't know how to
go about doing that.

-- 
-Ben Carter
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from
the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent
disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, "Last Chance to See" 


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to