>One thing they don't receive from the DHCP which I would like them to is 
>a static route to the 192.168.x.x network, the equivalent of:
>route add 192.168.0.0 mask 255.255.0.0 10.10.1.5
>I tried doing this with the WinNT option 033 Static Route Option, but it 
>didn't work, it didn't appear to do anything.
A possible solution would be to manually add this static route to the
clients. If you are using WinnNT domain logons there is a logon script
being executed by the clients (sorry I only know how to do this with
Samba). You could put the route add option there, so by each Windows domain
logon it would be started.

>Now that DNS is enabled it has a slight problem... DNS doesn't know 
>aything about this NT name... so it asks the DNS server serveral times... 
>"who is CCC_SRV1!" which the DNS server politely replys "I DON'T KNOW you 
This is a strange problem. In default case machines are hybrid nodes
(H-Nodes). This means that first they check the lmhosts file, and the
browse masters and wins and dns servers before broadcasting. If you wanna
have them to use broadcasting for name resolution at once, you need to
somehow tell them that they are a B-Node. Too bad I could not find this
option in Win95/98's network settings, I don't know where to set it. TO be
honest, I had a problem because of it, I simply wanted them NOT to
broadcast, thats why I was interested in finding out how to change the node
type. Actually, I have set up a DHCP server on my linux and the DHCP scope
contained the node type settings (netbios node type) and the Win98 machines
seem to have accepted it and they are not broadcasting any more. You should
try to set your dhcp server to tell the cleints that they are B-nodes.

TmL



_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to