> > Any issues with ipmasq and dcc send not working in irc?  I can accept
> > dcc's just fine, but when i try to send one, the other person never
> > gets it.
> 
> Does anyone know that this CAN or CANNOT work?  An answer of the type
> "Yes, this can work, you have to do this...." or an answer of "NO, this
> is impossible, because of (blah blah blah)" would be nice, if we could
> point people to it.

Yes, this can work, you have to have the ip_masq_irc module loaded.  Look
at linux/net/ipv4/ip_masq_irc.c, you can see where it is looking for the
DCC strings.

DCC is like FTP, ie if I want to send you a file I tell you to grab it on
port xxx of ip yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy.  Guess what happens if our addresses are
being remapped?

Sean

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Sean Walberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          http://come.to/the_dark_side



_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://tiffany.indyramp.com/mailman/listinfo/masq
Admin requests can be handled by web (above) or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to