/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


"In short, I'd like to be able to connect to port 6119 on computer X, and


have computer X automatically re-route my data by connecting to port 6112


on computer Y, making it look as if the data came from computer X. Y is to


be 'hardwired' - all 6119 on X port packet contents go to it and vice


versa. "





What you could use is ipautofw, I'm running RH 5.2 2.0.36 and have it compiled
into my kernel.  The command-line you would use, assuming that 6119 is tcp
would be "ipautofw -A -r tcp 6119 6119 -h <destination host>".  I use ipautofw
to run Serv-U behind my firewall on port 59999, if I use datapipe.c (simple
tcp redirector) Serv-U reports the connecting IP address as 192.168.0.1, my
gateway/router, however when using ipautofw, it will masquerade the
outgoing/incoming packets as well as report the true connecting IP address.  I
do believe this is the solution you are looking for, I hope this helped.





Utils you may want to look at are:


       datapipe.c, at http://www.rootshell.com


        ipautofw, at http://members.home.net/ipmasq/ipautofw.tar.gz





Nathan















_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Reply via email to