/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */



>       I find that someone wrote a ip_masq_icq module for Linux, I would
>like to know do anyone use it b4?  I found the modules seem not document
>very well, so I can't really make use of it.  Do anyone using it or give
>me some hint how to set-it-up?  Esp. the Client ICQ program.. Do the ICQ
>behind firewall? Do I need to allocate fixed port to ICQ?

I use ICQ 98a behind a 2.0.36 kernel with the ICQ module.  I found it
helps a little but ICQ still isn't 100% reliable.  Maybe ICQ99 is
better but I haven't tried it.

The major benefit I see with the ICQ module is for companies with lots
of ICQ users behind a MASQ server.  Instead of manually configuring 
each ICQ client, the ICQ module does everything for you.  Yes, sometimes
people will have to "Send via the server" but its RARE.

I've found most issues are with users that are ICQing from behind
a firewall to another user behind a firewall.

--David
.----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
|  David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware         [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
!----                                                                    ----!
`----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'


_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to