/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Thayne Harbaugh wrote:
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>
>
> I'm trying to port forward from one interface to another and
> I just can't make it work. On machine acid I want to forward
> a port from the network interface to the loopback interface.
>
> I've tried this:
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L acid 8888 -R localhost telnet
>
> ipmasqadm portfw -l shows the rule added
Hm.. I think you have a few things backwards. after -L needs to be the
outside IP for the ipmasq server and the port on that server. After -R
needs to be the internal network address of the box you're forwarding to.
However, for the forwarding to work, you have to connect to it by the
outside IP that you gave it. I'm not sure why, but if you're inside the
internal network and try to access the portforwarded stuff (using the
outside IP) it will just sit there and won't connect. This seems to be a
bug, but shouldn't be a problem if you're already inside the network.
`Jag
--
Who wills,
Can.
Who tries,
Does.
Who loves,
Lives.
--Anne McCaffery
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.