/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I have a question concerning modules such as ip_masq_ftp, ip_masq_raudio,
ip_masq_irc, etc.  I bought the book Linux firewalls by Robert Ziegler.  It
is an excellent book for someone, such as myself trying to setup a firewall
for the first time.  He has a script with a bunch of ipchain rules to setup
the firewall to allow, disallow and masq traffic.  Anyway, he has rule for
ftp, irc and real audio in it.  These product seem to be working so my
question is why do I need to use the masq modules?  I am sure there is a
reason but I can't figure out why.  Also, how do I know how to set them up
to be used?  I have check a lot of web sites for info and can't find what I
want.  Can someone point me to a web site so I can set them up.  The HOWTO
web site doesn't have anything to help that I can see.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Crittenden
Computer System Manager
Simpson College
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Eat right. Stay fit. Die anyway.

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to