/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
> PPPoE requires an MTU of no greater than 1492 (8 bytes are
> absorbed by the PPPoE protocol) and if the link is allowed to
> auto-discover its MTU, it gets 1492.
As far as I understand it, ethernet device MTU - 8 = MTU of PPPoE. So
setting both of these items to match will still produce fragmented packets
which seems to be the likely cause of your stalls.
Have you tried setting eth0 1500, ppp0 1492, eth1 1492?
Though to be honest it seems some Websites turn off MTU discovery and ship
everything out at 1500 which will always produce fragmented packets on your
system.
> Anyone have luck with the 2.3.x kernels and the new netfilter code?
I'm looking at it right now. Don't currently have PPPoE so I wouldn't be
able to see if it made any difference.
Lourdes
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.