/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
David,
I don't think I understand the question. Outgoing to the dialpad host is
implicitly allowed since my MASQed connections are allowed to output over the
ppp0 link. The problem is that the replies are not being properly forwarded
to the intended PC. This is why, although I can hear the person making the
call, they cannot hear me talking back to.
I used ipmasqdm portfw to specify the required forwarding but it does not
seem to tbe all that is needed. What else would I need to add by way of
permissioning?
TIA!
...Jake
>>>>> "DAR" == David A Ranch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
DAR> Did you first allow this traffic IN from a specific IP address or
DAR> subnet in the INPUT section? Then, you also should allow it in the
DAR> OUTPUT section too.
DAR> --David
>> I added the following port forwarding commands to my system:
>>
>> ipmasqdm portfw -f ipmasqdm portfw -a -P tcp -L <firewall IP> 51210 -R
>> <internal PC IP> 51210 ipmasqdm portfw -a -P upd -L <firewall IP>
>> 51201 -R <internal PC IP> 51201 ipmasqdm portfw -a -P upd -L <firewall
>> IP> 51200 -R <internal PC IP> 51200
>>
>> Do I also need to do something in my firewall rules to allow access to
>> these ports? This alone does not seem to do the trick?
>>
>>
>> -- Jake Colman
>>
>> Principia Partners LLC Phone: (201) 946-0300 Harborside Financial
>> Center Fax: (201) 946-0320 902 Plaza II Beeper: (800) 505-2795 Jersey
>> City, NJ 07311 E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] web:
>> http://www.ppllc.com
>>
>> "Every time I think I've idiot-proofed something someone comes up with
>> a better idiot"
>>
>> _______________________________________________ Masq maillist -
>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] Admin requests can be handled at
>> http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS
DAR> INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
>> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>
>> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting. You can
>> start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ Please keep general
>> linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
>>
DAR> .----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
DAR> | David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
DAR> !---- ----! `----- For more detailed info, see
DAR> http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----'
DAR> _______________________________________________ Masq maillist -
DAR> [EMAIL PROTECTED] Admin requests can be handled at
DAR> http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING!
DAR> or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
DAR> PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting. You
DAR> can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ Please keep
DAR> general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
--
Jake Colman
Principia Partners LLC Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II Beeper: (800) 928-4640
Jersey City, NJ 07311 E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web: http://www.ppllc.com
"Every time I think I've idiot-proofed something someone comes up with a
better idiot"
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.