/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Curt McNamee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Hey I have a quick question.  I have my RH 5.2 kernel 2.0.36 system as
> my Masq box connecting my LAN to the ineternet, and I would like to
> forward port 60 on my masq box to port 23 on a linux box on the LAN.

Simple method would probably be to use "redir" or similar.

> I would usually use ipportfw to do it, but the last time I get the
> error:
> # ipportfw -L
> Could not open /proc/net/ip_portfw
> Are you sure you have Port Forwarding installed?

2.0 kernel?  Don't you need to apply a patch to make that work?

> ipfwadm -F -a accept -P tcp -S 192.168.1.254 60 -D 192.168.1.1 23

That just means "If a packet comes in trying to go from that source and
port to this other destination and port, accept it."  It doesn't cause
the kernel to route the packet, just allows it to pass the forwarding
check.  If you want new BEHAVIOR in your kernel, you have to PATCH it
with NEW CODE.  See?  :)

-- 
   [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Fuzzy Fox)     || "Good judgment comes from experience.
sometimes known as David DeSimone  ||  Experience comes from bad judgment."
  http://www.dallas.net/~fox/      ||                 -- Life Lessons

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to