/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


>>>>> "FF" == Fuzzy Fox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

    FF> However, standard URL lookups and proxied URL lookups use a different
    FF> syntax.  By default, I believe Squid will not understand the syntax
    FF> difference, unless you tell it to look for transparent-proxied
    FF> requests.  You will need to read the Squid documentation, as I don't
    FF> have the answer for you.  But I suggest your problem is probably with
    FF> squid, since your ipchains rule looks correct.  The only way I can
    FF> see it fail is if you have some other rule that generates an "ACCEPT"
    FF> target before the "REDIRECT" has a chance to take effect.  But I
    FF> doubt that.

Actually, that was EXACTLY my problem.  My REDIRECT statement followed an
ACCEPT statement that acccepted all packets on the internal interface that
were sourced by my internal system.  I moved the REDIRECT so that it was the
first rule and now squid is seeing my packets.  Of course now I have to
figure out why squid is not doing proper DNS resolution...

Thanks!

-- 
Jake Colman                     

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 928-4640
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com

"Every time I think I've idiot-proofed something someone comes up with a
better idiot"

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to