/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
On Thu, 10 Feb 2000, Michael Best wrote:
> /* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
>
>
> On 10 Feb 2000, Martin A. Marques wrote:
>
> > The requested URL could not be retrieved
> > _________________________________________________________________
> >
> > While trying to retrieve the URL: http://web.matematica.edu/~martin/
>
> I cannot resolve that domain either. This has nothing to do with masq but is
> a DNS problem. Actually 'whois' turns up nothing for matematica.edu.
Thats right! matematica.edu is not registered. It's my internal net. The
question is, why does it look for web.matematica.edu, if I wrote
math.unl.edu.ar? (don't try know because I went back to fix it - downgrade).
The masq' machine is math.unl.edu.ar to the internet, and math.matematica.edu
for the internal net (that's what masq' has to do with it), and what I was
doing is: using portfw to send all the packets recieved by math.unl.edu.ar:80
to web.matematica.edu:80 (internal machine).
Now, why does netscape change the name of the web server from math.unl.edu.ar
to web.matematica.edu????
--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Martmn Marquis email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Santa Fe - Argentina http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar
-----------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.