/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */ >What are the differences between IPMASQADM PORTFW and IPCHAINS REDIR ? Good question: >From what I understand: IPMASQADM can take a packet, re-address it, change the port numbers if need be, and forward it on to another interface. This is good for forwarding external WWW traffic to an internal WWW server. I believe IPCHAINS REDIR (not to be confused with the old REDIR program) will take a packet, rewrite the PORTs, and only forward it to localhost. Don't quote me on this one. The only use I've seen with this tool is for "transparent proxy services" in conjunction with Squid. Does anyone else have a comment? I think this should go into the HOWTO as well. --David .----------------------------------------------------------------------------. | David A. Ranch - Linux/Networking/PC hardware [EMAIL PROTECTED] | !---- ----! `----- For more detailed info, see http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch -----' _______________________________________________ Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING! or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting. You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
