/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


I always hear people knocking port forwarding for security, but I'm not
clear on why.  Why are there risks forwarding a given port or series of
ports to a dedicated machine running secured services on those ports?  Say,
for example, I want to run a webserver.  My masq machine is very poorly
suited to the task, I don't think it has the diskspace to even install
Apache.  So, I decide to forward port 80 to another machine on my private
network.  Assume that I correctly configure Apache, and use all of the
proper security procedures, how is that less secure than running Apache on
the masq computer?  Thanks,
        Greg

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to