/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */
I have been using IP Masquerading for several years, but I have just
receintly noticed that I can not surf some web sites from the masqueraded
host. I have narrowed to problem to masquerading because I have no
trouble surfing these sites if I am doing it from a non-masqueraded host.
I am using Linux Kernel ver 2.2.12 and "ipchains -L" prints the following:
Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
Chain forward (policy DENY):
target prot opt source destination ports
MASQ all ------ 192.168.100.0/24 anywhere n/a
Chain output (policy ACCEPT):
I have run "tcpdump -i ppp0" on the masquerading box and compared the dump
to one produced by "tcpdump host 192.168.100.3" on the surfing box
and I can't see anything bad happen except that the web server stops
sending data.
Sites that I can not surf include www.landsend.com, www.4adodge.com,
www.costco.com and other very large corporate type sites. If you can surf
these sites from your masqueraded box reply to this post. My wife
starting to bad-mouth Linux and I'm pulling my hair out because I
can't figure it out.
Thanks
_______________________________________________
Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.