/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */ We've just implemented access lists on our Cisco routers (similar to the IPCHAINS rules). It tracks statistics, and immediately after restarting the counters, we have 4300 established TCP connections. We've got about 200 faculty/staff, and about 250 students with computers hooked up in their dorms. I have no idea as to how we have so many, but I think we'd be SOL if we were running an unmodified kernel. I'll keep checking to find out what all of those connections are, but it's somewhat interesting, since we're not really that big. BTW, out net connection is a pair of T1s. Greg _______________________________________________ Masq maillist - [EMAIL PROTECTED] Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES UNSUBSCRIBING! or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting. You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.
