/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Hello.  I am trying to IP masquerade a cox@home cable modem with a Red Hat 
  Linux 6.1 box (166 MHZ 32 ram) using 2 identical tulip ethernet cards 
  (Netgear FA310tx).  I have configured my ethernet cards and used the first 
  rc.firewall script given in the latest IP Masq HOWTO.  I have setup my IP 
  address as static (even though it is DHCP, it is always the same IP 
  address).  From my Linux box, i was able to ping the internel network and 
  both of the tulip ethernet cards on the box itself.  However, when i tried 
  to ping an IP address from the internet, this is the output i got:

  PING 152.19.254.81 (152.19.254.81) from 24.4.180.84: 56 (84 bytes of data)
      
          ...then after a while, it displayed this:

  From 24.4.180.84: Destination Host Unreachable
  From 24.4.180.84: Destination Host Unreachable
  .....etc
  --------------------------
  What am I doing wrong? I am using the firewall script from the HOWTO.  my 
  eth0 (the one connected to the cable modem) must not be correctly configured
 
  to the modem because i cannot ping an external ip address from the internet 
  (not a domain such as www.com).  What should i do or change? Please help 
me, 
  thank you very much.
          -Marc ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to