/* HINT: Search archives @ http://www.indyramp.com/masq/ before posting! */


Thanks.  This info can tell me whether I've got portforwarding 
installed in the kernel that's running at a client site.  Any thoughts 
on why the forwarding drops out periodically?

Date sent:              Wed, 10 May 2000 11:36:15 +1000
From:                   raf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:                Re: [Masq]  port-forwarding dropping out
> Charles Shoemaker wrote:
> 
> > I have a masq firewall at a client site (RH 6.0, kernel 2.2.12), with 
> > port 25 forwarded to an MS Exchange server on the internal 
> > network.  It works beautifully, but in less than a week's time, the 
> > forwarding drops out.  I have a number of similar masq machines at 
> > other client sites, and do similar forwarding of smtp and other 
> > ports.  None of the others misbehave in this manner; they'll stay up 
> > for months, and not ever need any attention.  
> > 
> > Any ideas on where I should start looking for the problem?  I can 
> > supply other info, as needed.  Is there somewhere within /proc 
> > where I can get any info about the port forwarding?
> 
> "ipmasqadm portfw -l -n" lists the current port forwarding instructions.
> i think this is the same as "cat /proc/net/ip_masq/portfw"
> 
> "ipchains -M -L -v -n" lists the current masqueraded connections.
> i think this is the same as "cat /proc/net/ip_masquerade"
> 
> raf

_______________________________________________
Masq maillist  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Admin requests can be handled at http://www.indyramp.com/masq-list/ -- THIS INCLUDES 
UNSUBSCRIBING!
or email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PLEASE read the HOWTO and search the archives before posting.
You can start your search at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/
Please keep general linux/unix/pc/internet questions off the list.

Reply via email to