John Hunter wrote:
> On 7/16/07, Eric Firing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Are any real, live projects outside of enthought making major use of
>> traits?  Or would we be the first?

Yes. Most are in the somewhat formative stages, so you may not think they count
(which is fine).

> I am happy to be the first at this point -- enthought has done a lot
> to support traits.  Traits has one of the most impressive pieces of
> technical documentation in the scientific python community.  The
> enthought mailing list has become quite active of late, and they are
> clearly supporting their OS code.  They actively promote their product
> and want a large user community -- we can provide synergy there.  It
> has lived in our src tree for over a year and still "just compiles".
>   In fact, I am amenable too, though not committed to, requiring
> traits as an *external* package rather than an included package, both
> to encourage users into the ETS suite and to encourage enthought to
> support us via their traits package.  I'd be happy to hear from
> enthought here on their preferences.

We've split up the main "enthought" package such that Traits can be installed
separately as "enthoguht.traits". I think we'd prefer depending on it externally
now that we've spent so much effort to make that feasible.

>> I am happy to see this in svn:
>>
>>   Revision 12335, 13.4 kB (checked in by rkern, 4 weeks ago)
>> Array trait updated to use numpy idioms only.
>
> Anything that gets Robert making commits to our tree is a massive win for us.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."