Resending with CC to list:

D'oh. I forgot to do that. OK - now I went back and ran:

env ARCHFLAGS='-arch i386' python setup.py install

That also went with no hitches

Then, in Python:

>>> import matplotlib
>>> matplotlib.__version__
'0.98.5.2'

So - still no version update. I ran:

'easy_install matplotlib', which somehow seems to change the path
setting to find the most recent version of things (maybe someone here
can tell me how this happens?) now:

>>> import matplotlib
>>> matplotlib.__version__
'0.99.0'

However, now, when I run a script that has plotting in it, in ipython,
the script hangs after plotting. That is, it puts up the first figure
in the script (a simple bar graph) and then doesn't do anything more.
So - on the one hand, it doesn't crash while building and installing.
On the other hand, it doesn't work.

Cheers,

Ariel

--