Andrew Straw wrote:

>> David Cournapeau wrote:
>>

>>> I have a question about git as well, actually - I could not update the
>>> svn metadata, unfortunately, by using git-svn rebase -l (I used your
>>> branch on github and the instructions on matplotlib website). It gives
>>> me an awful lot of merging errors, which seems to indicate that git-svn
>>> is confused about the current state,
>>>

>> I have trouble with that too. :(
>>
>> Do you have notes on how you setup the numpy git repo? I was never able
>> to figure out the way to make a good git clone that could be shared with
>> others.
>>
> OK, I think I fixed the git mirror. The good news is that things should
> work just like your scipy svn git mirror. The bad news is that I moved
> the master branch to "old-master-broken-svn-import", so you'll probably
> have to rebase all your changes. The new git branch to base off is
> "trunk", which is a mirror of the svn trunk. MPL's svn layout doesn't
> follow the standard svn repository, so I haven't mirrored other branches
> (yet). I'll update the MPL dev docs soon.

FWIW, I have tried importing the whole svn repo, and the repo got might
big (~700 Mb) - I guess because of all the things in trunk but not in
trunk/matplotlib.

> Great
> Please let me know if you're having any more trouble.

I have deleted my old repo and redid a fork on github - I have not tried
rebasing on top of svn changes, but I updated the scons_build branch anyway.

cheers,

David