David Cournapeau wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I don't know if that's of any interest for matplotlib developers,
> but I added scripts to build matplotlib with numscons:
>
> http://github.com/cournape/matplotlib/tree/scons_build

OK, I managed to clone your repo -- I cloned mine, then added yours as a
remote, fetched it, and pushed the results to a new branch on my github
repo: http://github.com/astraw/matplotlib/tree/dev/cournapeau-scons-build

But having done that, now I'm having trouble building. Calling with
"python setupscons.py install", I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setupscons.py", line 232, in <module>
    setup_package()
  File "setupscons.py", line 228, in setup_package
    configuration=configuration)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy/distutils/core.py", line
150, in setup
    config = configuration()
  File "setupscons.py", line 197, in configuration
    config.add_sconscript('SConstruct', package_path='lib/matplotlib')
TypeError: add_sconscript() got an unexpected keyword argument
'package_path'

What version of numpy do I need for this? I might have to build a new
chroot, since I want the Ubuntu Hardy chroot I'm currently using to
stick with Hardy's default numpy installation.

-Andrew