On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 5:18 AM, Jouni K. Seppänen <j...@iki.fi> wrote:

> I agree that there should be a release before the transition.

I was initially reluctant to do a release before the transition
because of the get_sample_data issue.  I was worried that some 1.x
releases would point to the sf site and some to the github site.  I am
less concerned about that now because we can simply keep the old data
on the sf site and so releases pointing to it will continue to work
for the vast majority of examples, and because Jouni has verified that
the same code works on sf and github modulo a url change.

I will invest some time in the upcoming week getting ready for the
release.  We can target a release candidate for testing a week from
now.  Everyone who has some free time should tackle outstanding bugs
on the tracker.  I am aware of a compile problem on solaris with CXX6
that we now use, so I will see if I can make some progress on that.

JDH