On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 8:01 AM, John Hunter <jdh2...@gmail.com> wrote:

> While this is certainly a bug that needs to be fixed (and Eric is
> right that these functions are heavily overworked and hairy), there is
> a better workaround than the one you tried.  From the errorbar
> docstring:

Ignore me :-)  I had a temporary mental failure and see that this
won't help you since you are calling "bar" and when bar is called with
the xerr/yerr args the errorbar return values aren't passed back up.
 And my solution wasn't correct anyhow, since the third argument
returned from errorbar is a *list* of LineCollection instances, not a
LineCollection instance.  Shutting up....

JDH